• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Photos From 2011 Gathering WCPP

Reaction score
Here's a few photos from last year's gathering at Glenn Lake, showing the smoke from the fire and a few of the attendees.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Camera

Camera

I use a Canon Powershot D10. It takes decent photos and is WATERPROOF so I can keep it out of dry bags when I'm on the water.

That has to be amazing being that close to a forest fire in such a remote area. Nice photos.

I have been in Wabakimi. We spotted a forest fire four days before MNR decided to fight it. There is a policy of watch and wait' and until it exceeds a certain size or threatens human property or life' no efforts are made to put it out. It was kind of scary as it kept moving closer. We had trouble breathing one night just before the air attack started.

Turned out to be Wabakimis largest fire in a long time. Perhaps in known history.

Hey Roadends,
I see that you have posted TRs from my back yard. Sylvania is about an hour from where I live and I've been there often. Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime.

I'll be there in October along with Jazzman from Solotripping, and probably a few times before then.

Hogan, I would love to get back up there again and explore the eastern Crooked Lake side. Unfortunately Sylvania is a hike from here. I would love to join you in October but it will probably be a least a year before I make it there again.

We need an Eastern gathering.. It used to be that some of us from solotripping went to La Verendrye after it opened in May. But after the second time of four days of rain and snow, everyone's mood kind of soured on that. La Verendrye is even better than Algonquin, but it closes right after Labor Day to canoeing. That makes fall get -togethers impossible.

Back