• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

PhotoBucket $20 offer?

G

Somewhere in the various Photo Posting threads a CT contributor had mentioned having received a $20 offer from PhotoBucket to allow their photos to again be visible. That is better than the $400 a year ransom they initially offered, and might be worth it, especially now that old trip reports with PhotoBucket shots are (blurrily photo) visible.

I’d like to find out more about this PhotoBucket offer is anyone has experience.

I have a lot of old photos on PhotoBucket, and just discovered that I can’t even see the albums without turning off ad-blocker. For $20 (a year?) it might be worth it.

Or not; if posted photos only appear along with ads, or won’t appear if the viewer is using an ad-blocker, I’m not sure I’m interested.

I got the 20 dollar deal, so far, so good. Have to see what will happen when the year is up. Most of my pics came back.

Yellowcanoe’s images from 2012 on page 27 were not only blurry, but they also had PhotoBucket, in big letters, scrawled across them. Twenty dollars seems reasonable to resurrect them. Of course, it’s not my $20.00.

Yellowcanoe’s images from 2012 on page 27 were not only blurry, but they also had PhotoBucket, in big letters, scrawled across them. Twenty dollars seems reasonable to resurrect them. Of course, it’s not my $20.00.

I've noticed that on other posts (and other forums) too. I'm assuming they want you to click the link, which will take you to the Photobucket site, where they'll show you a clear image and some ads.

Alan

Photo bucket has been a pain for me lately, Some of it is just they changed things, on how to post pics. Some of it was my pics are being imported too large. I don't know if this site corrected that or Photobucket. In any case it was frustrating ! They often loose the chronological order of my pics, causing me to go on the Hunt to find them.

It does seem to have improved. Whether it is worth even a $20 discount ? It's kind of like a pair of hand cuffs, that someone threw away the keys. Easy to get them on, just not off. May be a poor analogy ?

I'll try a few of my new photos and see if it works any better. I did manually resize these.
I can not add a post below the last pic, even after I resized the pics.

IMG_3013_zpshv7ddaul.jpg
IMG_3013_zpshv7ddaul.jpg

IMG_3013_zpshv7ddaul.jpg

Last edited:
I must be missing something with PhotoBucket, when they went from free to ~$300 per year, I just moved to Google and that has been very good so far.

If you have pics there, why not just download anything you don't have a copy of and then just upload back to Google .....

Brian

Back