• Happy National Bugs Bunny Day (1938)!❓⬆️👨🏼‍⚕️

Paddling the Swelling of Alder Creek (Adirondacks)

Some mighty nice photos there. Hard to beat canoeing and hiking the same day.

Alan

Conk's trips always impress me. One thought this one reminded me of is making a lightweight canoe cart to fit RR tracks. I have carried on the RR tracks he mentioned, and remember thinking that a lite cart would enable one to access some nice canoeing areas along the tracks. Carrying with a pack and boat on your shoulders walking on the ties is tricky.
Turtle

I can't view anything on your site either, Conk. Facebook just keeps pushing large popups to join Facebook to see your stuff.

. One thought this one reminded me of is making a lightweight canoe cart to fit RR tracks. I have carried on the RR tracks he mentioned, and remember thinking that a lite cart would enable one to access some nice canoeing areas along the tracks. Carrying with a pack and boat on your shoulders walking on the ties is tricky.

I have seen Conk’s waterwheel rotisserie, so I’m sure he could devise something like this for his canoe.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rai...=6inpV5GHG4TZ-gGe15boBQ#imgrc=KrxBOa4niUZN5M:

Conk,
Same here, I can't access your photos without the Facebook DEMAND to login in or drink the Koolaid...I sure miss Picasa

Geat pics Conk, i too enjoy your trips!

Isn't there a way to post to Google photos? I still upload photos and can log on to Google to view them...

Nope, not for me.

I noticed about a couple of months ago, on other people's Facebook photos that used to be public, that I was getting a 3/4 screen popup from Facebook telling me to join if I wanted to see more photos. I could close that popup, see one more photo, and then the popup would return, ad nauseum.

On your site the join-Facebook-popup is even more aggressive, and appears the first time and every time on anything I click.

I sure miss Picasa

I used Picasa for many years to edit and organize photos on my computer and to do easy uploads to a Picasa website. Now, my Picasa uploads go nowhere I can find and my entire Picasa website of albums seems to be a dead link.

Something called "Photos" is now mysteriously grabbing photos and putting them in places I can't find. And an even greater epidemic of something called "Google+" keeps invading everything on my computer like an unkillable infestation of vampires.

I can't stand this "social network" crap. It, along with smartphones and infinitely masturbatory texting, have destroyed our education and culture.

Since we're bemoaning photo hosting sites that have up and disappeared I'll make a suggestion of using Flickr. They've been around for many years and haven't changed much of anything. Nothing fancy. No pop ups and no ads. You can join for free and it used to be you were limited to a certain number of uploads per day and a maximum number total. I don't know if that's changed or not. For at least 8 years I've paid $25/year to be a "Pro" member which gives me unlimited uploads and more organizing options.

There are other photo hosting sites I won't even visit when people post links because of the annoying ads and pop-ups.

Alan

Conk, I could see your photos, but that may be because Joel’s Facebook account is somehow still available on my shop computer.

Fortunately I know nothing about using Facebook, otherwise I might get a few beers and a bowl in me, and Joel’s Facebook posts suddenly get unsettlingly weird.

MUST. . . . . RESIST. . . . URGES. . . . .

Conk, I could see your photos, but that may be because Joel’s Facebook account is somehow still available on my shop computer.

Joel and I are FB buddies and he has made a comment on the Alder Creek album so I'm guessing that might have something to do with your ability to access them.

Back