• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

paddled new girl friend- Shelia

Reaction score
and she is fine, slim, light, sleek, and built for speed.
was worn out and put up wet, after deep massaging Shelia is strong and tight ready to go the distance.
anyone had her, seen her model (J 120) or paddled her before. just 16 at the gunnels have to enter her one cheek at a time.
can't find any info not even from wenonah and no reply from jenson.
now in love with Shelia.

Attachments

• photo8697.jpg
    photo8697.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8698.jpg
    photo8698.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1
  • photo8699.jpg
    photo8699.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Bet she has some Sisters !
Gene Jensen has been gone a long time ! Wish I could have shared some shop time with him.
Surely Minnesota still has some of Shelia's Sisters around !

Jim

22.5 lbs 15 ' long ribed with foam core, no rocker,
handles like a kayak such a tight fit just lean- turns nice. I am 160 trim seat to back wings still above water line, no problem with stability

Interesting. Never knew they made J-boats that short. I used to have a Wenonah J-180 and a Crozier built 190 something. They'll keep you on your toes.

A friend of mine has a 15' (I think) Wenonah Whisper, which is kind of like a scaled down Advantage, but it's not as tucked in as yours.

Alan

I have a J-200 (I like them generously proportioned), and also hadn't known the J's went down to that size. That's a sweet looking boat. Is it just the picture, or are the rails tapered fore and aft of the thwarts?

I use to have a Crozier 190 something too, Really liked it way more stable than the equivalent made by Clipper... I sold it, it was a mistake....

I have a J-200 (I like them generously proportioned), and also hadn't known the J's went down to that size. That's a sweet looking boat. Is it just the picture, or are the rails tapered fore and aft of the thwarts?

good eye, wenonah doubled the gunnel at the cockpit where they tend to crack then tapered. lucky no cracks in wood stained dark to pop next to Kevlar.
Story so far Gene designed this for a Racer in CA.
(Shelia) she did so well, wenonah produced for light 120lb female racers - J 120. model # on wenonah tag reads Shelia. She must be lot a woman to get a canoe named after her.

Last edited:
I have named almost all of my solo canoes. Mostly female names, but not always. Sometimes a name comes even before I get it, other times it takes a while.

Back