• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

OTB Abyss (?) Water Shoes

I have a NIB pair I bought after they'd quit production but there were still a fair number around in limited sizes. I believe mine are different from the originals. Seems like I remember some discussion about that. Anyway, I find mine light and comfortable but I wasn't impressed with the durability. They started coming apart within the first week of a 30 day trip. They made it through but were getting pretty ugly and also really started to pain the Achilles heel area of one foot, so much so that I could only lace them very loosely and was still in a lot of pain. I still use them here and there locally but wouldn't trust them on another trip.
I replaced them with Rocky SV2 jungle boots, which have held up much better.
Hopefully these work out fine for @Cheeseandbeans Maybe mine were just a fluke as I haven't heard anyone else complaining about them.

Alan

Thanks Alan- hope so. I have NRS boundary boots which I really like and Bean Boots when I’m feeling old timey, but these were too cheap to pass up.

Bob

A good tip is to use something like Seamgrip along the stitch lines right from new. This helps limit the effect of abrasion on the thread. I’ve been doing this on outdoor footwear for a few years now, particularly at the sides of the forefoot where rocks etc. tend to rub.

Back