• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

opinion on wood canoe please

Reaction score
http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/5574202950.html

Seller said it was a project he bought a few years ago at a garage sale. He said that it was fiber glassed both inside and outside. I tried reading as much as possible on the subject, just not to sure. I'm wondering if it weighs in the 60-70lb range? Looks like a stripper. Opinions please, might look at it tomorrow. Wondered if it would be a better solo canoe by moving the seat around? Of course I don't know a blessed thing about this stuff, just want to go out and have fun. Thanks.

Yes, it was a stripper. Honest opinion.....looks fit for the dump. Has been stored outside for a long time by the looks of the wood rot, and fiberglass on the hull looks severely degraded. I would charge him money to haul it away.

looks like a first build without care. I especially noted the bottom shape of a roller coaster.
Run.

It looks to be severely hogged. For a stripper I would bet rot in the hull, also indicated by the glass on the bottom, looks like water under the glass for a long time. Would make a nice planter but I wouldn't buy it.

Back