• Happy Peace Officers Memorial Day! 👮🏽‍♂️👮‍♀️

obabika and environs solo trip snapshots

Reaction score
spent the last week and a half up in temagami, then a few minutes uploading some snapshots...

That looks like a really peaceful and fun trip. That really makes me want to forgoe one of my river trips and head up to lake country some time. Although crossing that much water with no current to help me seems daunting. Even when I paddle on little lakes on the weekend I feel like I'm not going anywhere fast enough. I know that's not the point, but watching the bank go by effortlessly has got me spoiled.

Really nice trip. Thanks for sharing tump_lion.
I've never seen Obabika myself, but have included it in my Must See list for Temagami.
Do I recognize a very spiritual place in those photos?

Last edited:
Thanks tump_lion, nice to see some of the old stomping grounds now that we're relocated to the west coast! The place has a way of worming itself into your psyche! Well worth it Odyssey and you could always combine a trip with the Changing of the Seasons gathering every September, check on Ottertooth for details
cool.png

Nice pictures. I have serious question about the sleeping arrangements. I tried recently to sleep outside with no tent but the dang mosquitoes were unbearable. I tried putting something over my face but then I couldn't breath. Tried creating a little breathing passage but the mosquitoes found their way up it. It was a terrible night. So how do you manage?

Would that I had appreciated Temagami more as a kid. We grow too soon old and too late smart.

i have a tent...

when the bugs are bad, i hang a mosquto bar...hang it from the inside top of the whelan , peg it out with a few small rocks or bits of camp-gear to get it away from my sleeping bag...roll the ends on the ground...works well...it packs to the size of a sandwhich and weights about 6oz.

and is more dog-friendly than the timberlines -- he likes to blow thru the screens of them...

usually by mid-july i don't need it, this year i used it almost every night...

Canoedog, i consider going to the changing of the seasons almost every year...i'm growing more and more crowd adverse -- did bump into alex last week tho...maybe this fall....

Back