• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Now, just what is our relationship?

Reaction score
Hi Willis, Coming to your site after solotripping fell on it's head, I've got a few questions. But first; I found a curiously pleasant interaction with most of the folks I found at solo tripping. It is reassuring to find others who share many of my own interests; maybe I'm not such a nut after all. Being of a generation who believes in paying for what we get, I supported (sent money) in to the site. I was surprised and after a bit offended at what seems to be a cavalier attitude of the operator of the site about getting it back up and accessible. Now, if these sites are operated as a favor and a hobby I can understand dumping them when the operator gets tired of all the fuss that comes along. But the dumping leaves those who have used it and established ties with other members very much at loss.
In the process of looking for where all my electronic friends had gone, I found the Quiet Journey site, the gentleman who runs it operates it on a basis of pay to play. That sure makes sense to me, and the site is so well run and interesting that I find it well worth supporting. The operator feels a responsibility to his subscribers as well.
As I understand it this site is just getting started and you may well not have reached a point where you are willing or ready to address these issues, but for my part I'm willing to support your efforts if you feel a reciprocal loyalty.
Best Wishes, Rob

First, I intend to keep this site running as long as even a few people regularly participate. I will be responsive to the member's needs as when I upgraded to V-Bulletin and changed hosts due to database problems early this year. I have also added several sub forums based on member suggestions.

This site is not intended to be a money making proposition. There will be no ads on the forum. Nor will I charge you for the ability to edit your posts. (That one always irritated me.) However, there are costs associated with keeping the site up and running. To that end if one wants to contribute I will gladly accept donations. $20 seems to be pretty standard across most sites.

If one wishes to donate, send me a PM and I will give you my contact information.

Last edited:
What the heck, I might even figure out how to give you a "Site Supporter" label!

I'm willing to kick in some as well. I contribute to BWCA.com, Quite Journey (just started), and have also for Solo Tripping but who knows how long before its back up again.
Should be kicking some into Hammock Forums as well.
If you come up with something, let me know.

hmm. i wondered what had happened to solotripping... good to have found so many old associates here. thank you willis.

Back