• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Northern Scavenger Youtube channel

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the channel is shared between a few guys from Ontario and Nova Scotia. They are down to earth and entertaining with great content and not overly produced. Their latest series (in the process of being released at the time of this posting) is of two guys making their way from Labrador down to the Saint Lawrence, in Quebec. A link to the first video:

One thing with which I have hard time is the utter incompatibility of wild tripping and camera/electronic equipment. Slogging a canoe through an alder-choked bog while being consumed alive by horseflies - pulling out the camera would be the very last thing on my mind. And if I was traveling with a partner and they decided to do it, they'd be getting some choice profanities hurled at them (all would be forgiven later on, of course). If at all, I'd be using that drone to scout the next set. If it ends up being good footage, so be it.

Hats off to those that manage to get it done - I sure appreciate it at this time of year.

Last edited:
Their "Flow to James Bay" series was one of my all-time favorite video(s). Filming, narration, editing was up there with the best IMHO.
Very talented trippers and video makers these lads.

Nice production. Wondered how they got those overhead panorama shots. Drones?

Yeah you can barely get any views for a paddling video these days if it's not heavy with drone footage, bad food and lots of stupid screw ups.

Back