• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

Northern Lights Potential

Thank you !! This morning while catching up on news, I read that the aurora would be active over the next 2 nights,
but forgot all about...till you reminded me just now! Just put the kettle on for a hot cuppa tea, and pulling on our boots.
Thanks Mihun.

Anyone have any luck? Despite a nice (cold) clear sky last night, I saw nothing. I must admit I was in bed by midnight, hope I didn't miss the celestial late show.
We texted our son and his SO to tell them. They live well north of us, and are hosting a Japanese exchange student. I hope they all get a good view of the aurora borealis, and their lovely young visitor takes home some memorable pics of our night skies.
I'll try again tonight.

Apparently they were very impressive up here around 10 oclock. Several people posted pics on facebook, there were even the red colours, which you don't get to see all the time.

One of the great reasons to get up in the middle of the night and pee, to check for the Northern Lights. I have seen them plenty of times in the North, but as far south as the North Cascades of WA and Chicago.

I didn't even bother... It was snowing last night up here. No matter how many of them I've seen over the last 18 years of living up here, I never get tiered of them, just like the mountains, the rivers, the lakes and the ravens... The midnight sun and the longest night!!
Cheers

Back