• Happy National Scotch [Whisky] Day! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃🚱

Non Resident Purchasing Ontario Fishing License

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am purchasing my license and want to make sure I am on the ride side of the constabulary.

I understand I need the Outdoors Card and a license. Site states it is laminated card, obtained first. Do I need to do this online or can I just drive up to Thunder Bay and purchase my Card and license at the same time and fish the same day?

I see you can use a digital image from your phone, but I never take my phone on trips.

Thank you!

You will purchase both at the same time, but you will not receive your card there, they will send it in the mail at a later date. You will be issued a paper temporary thing.

I recently tried to buy my non resident fishing license and non resident crown land camping permit on line but the site seemed to be having issues. Good thing, as the canoe camping part of the trip never happened.
“Service Ontario” locations are pretty reliable, although I would not wait till the last facility or dealer before the put in. Years ago I was forced to buy a season long non resident fishing license as the dealer was out of 8 day non resident licenses.

...I was forced to buy a season long non resident fishing license as the dealer was out of 8 day non resident licenses.
I went the other way... I bought the 3 year license so I'd have to go back in order to "get my money's worth" :)

The paper temporaries suffice & you'll have no issues. Enjoy the trip!

I am not the worlds best at computers, but the website for a fishing license seems a bit.....frustrating. (Right with Robin.)

I called the 800# for the heck of it (Sunday) and it is not in service.

Ok, regroup, get last cup of coffee and dive back in!

Back