• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

newly minted Mainer

G

Hi. I've kayaked and canoed for about forty years. I love little boats and having the only campsite on a lake. I also love to fish, have done some whitewater, and love rivers and lakes equally. I just bought a home in Maine and am looking forward to exploring its rivers and plumbing the waterways of Quebec, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia. I paddle a Bell Rockstar and Bell Northwind. The former is still pretty and the latter was formerly pretty.

Welcome,
My daughter lives in the Camden area and was formerly in Washington County where the rivers and lakes are still free and wild.
I hope your trips are fun and please share some trip reports.
Robin

Welcome,
My daughter lives in the Camden area and was formerly in Washington County where the rivers and lakes are still free and wild.
I hope your trips are fun and please share some trip reports.
Robin

I will, Robin!

Hello and welcome to thekat, from Ontario, Canada.
Glad you found us.

- Martin

Hi. I've kayaked and canoed for about forty years. I love little boats and having the only campsite on a lake. I also love to fish, have done some whitewater, and love rivers and lakes equally. I just bought a home in Maine and am looking forward to exploring its rivers and plumbing the waterways of Quebec, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia. I paddle a Bell Rockstar and Bell Northwind. The former is still pretty and the latter was formerly pretty.

You have no hope. You will always be from Away. That is unless you live some two hundred years. That is OK I am hopeless too having lived in Maine for only 12 years..on a lake. There are lots of us in Maine who will always be from Away.. But a notch up from Summer People.

Welcome.. I paddle one of some 15 boats or 17 and all have acquired character. Pretty is good in the canoe world IMO only in the world of lines. A hundred year old Chestnut well traveled still is pretty.

You have no hope. You will always be from Away. That is unless you live some two hundred years. That is OK I am hopeless too having lived in Maine for only 12 years..on a lake. There are lots of us in Maine who will always be from Away.. But a notch up from Summer People.

Welcome.. I paddle one of some 15 boats or 17 and all have acquired character. Pretty is good in the canoe world IMO only in the world of lines. A hundred year old Chestnut well traveled still is pretty.

Being from away is a good thing. It means you've been somewhere, that you choose where you are based upon your likes and dislikes, and that you're not stuck where you born by chance. So, I'm proudly away.

Being from away is a good thing. It means you've been somewhere, that you choose where you are based upon your likes and dislikes, and that you're not stuck where you born by chance. So, I'm proudly away.

Where is your first trip going to be? One of my favorites is about a four or five day wandering. Starting at Lobster Landing and spending at least a night on Lobster Lake then wandering down the West Branch of the Penobscot to Chesuncook Lake. Then down to the foot at Ripogenus Lake and Allagash Gateway Campground. Sometimes I make a detour over to Umbazooksus or up Black Pond..

No matter where you pick..everything is good. I bet you got your DeLorme Gazeteer already...!

Where is your first trip going to be? One of my favorites is about a four or five day wandering. Starting at Lobster Landing and spending at least a night on Lobster Lake then wandering down the West Branch of the Penobscot to Chesuncook Lake. Then down to the foot at Ripogenus Lake and Allagash Gateway Campground. Sometimes I make a detour over to Umbazooksus or up Black Pond..

No matter where you pick..everything is good. I bet you got your DeLorme Gazeteer already...![/QUOTE

It does all sound good!

Back