• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

New to Solo canoeing

G

Hello;
New to solo canoeing. Purchased a Vagbond last summer and have done several trips in NH, Maine. have been a avaid outdoors men for yrs. Lost the use of one leg in 2001 so I took up kayaking and canoeing. Now I get out in my Vagabond every summer for 3-4 nights at a time. Love It!!! Flastaff Lake, Spencer Lake, Lobster Lake, Unbaygog Lake. Ect.... Need to do flatwater as I can't realy portage well. But I can get in and out and set up camp. Feels good to go out alone again. Found this site and it has helped out with infomation. Thanks to all!!!
Heading up to Lobster Lake here soon with my son. We have not done a trip together in 10yrs. Very excited. Hope Ice out is soon. We will be paddling a Merrimack Sougegan for 5 nights. He is 23yrs. old just out of collage and exicted as well. Will try to keep ya all posted.
gp60

Hi, Welcome. Those are some nice trips you have taken, Lobster Lake is one of the places I hope to visit soon, heard and read lots of good things. Please let us know how it went.

Ice is out on Lobster! I have not been there this year but ice is out on neighboring Chesuncook. I just got another canoe..a sea goer.. I need a big lake.. Flagstaff beckons for me! Welcome..!

Back