• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

New Member from Washington State

Reaction score
Hello,

I am from central Washington State. I Currently own an Old Town Tripper and a 15 foot Coleman. (Yes a Coleman).

Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this site and hopefully sharing a little.

CaptainOllie, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

What are your favorite or local paddling places in central Washington? That's an area unfamiliar to most of us.

I just got back into canoes about 6 years ago. I picked up a Wenonah 16 foot Fisherman (Adirondack). My son outgrew the bow seat so I replaced it with an Old Town Tripper last year.

A favorite is Diablo/Ross Lake. We have made a couple of trips there.

We also keep an old Coleman at our vacation house on the coast. It sees local ponds,small lakes and occasionally Willapa Bay.

Mr West,
I’ve been to Diablo, or rather I’ve been to an overlook at Diablo.
It’s a beautiful pics of water, but man, it’s big!!
We did a driving tour of western WA back in 2019, we were quite impressed with the terrain.
I’d love to return to ski there…is there much flat water paddling?
Smaller stuff?

I did a cycle trip out there. While climbing up Rainy pass I came to the Diablo overlook. Oh my goodness. Between the beauty of the lake, the mountains, and the steep grade I was dizzy with the splendor of the Cascades.

That is some of the most beautiful country in the United States. I'd really like to go back and paddle on Ross Lake.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome Captain Ollie.

I lived in north central Washington for many years and we enjoyed canoeing places like Omak Lake, the north end of Banks Lake, and the lower Okanogan River and Lake Pateros on the Columbia. Just to name a few.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Mr West,
I’ve been to Diablo, or rather I’ve been to an overlook at Diablo.
It’s a beautiful pics of water, but man, it’s big!!
We did a driving tour of western WA back in 2019, we were quite impressed with the terrain.
I’d love to return to ski there…is there much flat water paddling?
Smaller stuff?
Stripperguy, There is a lot of variety in central Washington. From natural mountain lakes like Walupt Lake, to small desert lakes formed from seepage from large reservoirs like the Potholes Reservoir. Potholes is not too bad, but it is large and if the wind comes up it can be dangerous.
There are many mountain reservoirs such ad Rimrock Lake, Bumping Lake, and Clear lake close by as well.
The North Cascades include Diablo and Ross Lakes. It is about a 5 hour drive for me so we don't regularly go there. We went last summer and had a great trip on Diablo and Ross.

Here is a few pictures from Ross Lake last summer.

Attachments

• 20220808_123948.jpg
    20220808_123948.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220808_082430.jpg
    20220808_082430.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220808_081925.jpg
    20220808_081925.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220806_182651.jpg
    20220806_182651.jpg