• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

New here, just picked up an old Mohawk Skipper 13’

Reaction score
1A8958AC-50F5-4E0B-B19A-CDEAFE9DCC5A.jpeg

Saw this on Facebook and picked it up for a Bennie. Never really heard of Mohawk canoes but some internet sleuthing helped me identify it as a Skipper, 13’1” tandem canoe. Didn’t find a weight rating for it. But I’m going to use it for fishing with a trolling motor. It needs some minor attention. The thwart needs replaced and the seats have no wicker where you sit so I’ll either weave my own seat with paracord (not likely) or buy new seats (most likely). Not bad for $100.

Welcome. Mohawks were originally made in Florida. We have several. I love my 13 ft.

The thwart needs replaced and the seats have no wicker

Zac, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

A 13' canoe can't really function as a tandem except for very light loads. It can be a fine solo canoe, however.

You can find thwarts and cane or webbed canoe seats that are well-made and relatively inexpensive, as well as many other canoe accessories, at both Essex Industries and Ed's Canoe.

Back