• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

National Ice Tea Day!!

After a few years living in the heat of SC I have absorbed the common knowledge to never to be beyond arm's reach of a Yeti cup filled with ice tea!

Great picture, Steve.

I've noticed especially in my South Carolina canoe travels how "sweet tea" is almost the universal beverage served in restaurants and diners. And waitresses, regardless of marital status or age, call and introduce themselves as Miss Eve, Miss Mary, etc. I love the charm and culture of the deep South!

I will owe a glass of iced tea to anyone who figures out the relevance of the Chinese name I thanked.

Great picture, Steve.

I've noticed especially in my South Carolina canoe travels how "sweet tea" is almost the universal beverage served in restaurants and diners. And waitresses, regardless of marital status or age, call and introduce themselves as Miss Eve, Miss Mary, etc. I love the charm and culture of the deep South!

I will owe a glass of iced tea to anyone who figures out the relevance of the Chinese name I thanked.

Legend holds that Shennong had a transparent body, and thus could see the effects of different plants and herbs on himself. Tea, which acts as an antidote against the poisonous effects of some seventy herbs,[citation needed] is also said to have been his discovery. Shennong first tasted it, traditionally in ca. 2437 BC, from tea leaves on burning tea twigs, after they were carried up from the fire by the hot air, landing in his cauldron of boiling water.[15] Shennong is venerated as the Father of Chinese medicine. He is also believed to have introduced the technique of acupuncture.
-Wikipedia

Ah, my tea mentor figured it out. Odyssey taught me the word "tisane" and influenced me to buy Yorkshire tea and Barry's tea.

Ha ha ha. Tea mentor. You're too kind Glenn. While I do love a good cuppa my wife and I learned the hard way to be careful when ordering tea in NC. We eventually got what we wanted but with surprised looks that a couple of tourists would actually want to drink hot black tea in the middle of summer. We did try the "sweet tea" but found it far too sweet. My own iced tea is nothing more than strong black sun brewed tea with plenty of lemon slices and ice cubes. chin chin

aah. tea. My chicken has been soaking in a sweet tea brine for two days. This afternoon it meets the smoker.
I can't stand sweet tea but it makes a lovely brine. Yes there are also other things like lemon, juniper berries and bay leaf. And a cuppa salt. Skoal? Probably not.

Sounds yummy, never tried it. Yes, sweet tea down here is nearly always too sweet…I always ask for half and half which seems about right to me…..and I LOVE sweets.

Sounds yummy, never tried it. Yes, sweet tea down here is nearly always too sweet…I always ask for half and half which seems about right to me…..and I LOVE sweets.
We learned of sweet tea brined smoked chicken in ..... Texas. A restaurant in Abilene. The chicken was fabulous!

Back