• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

My new life

No life? Just a new sawmill, plenty of extra trees, an emerging new shop, a shed full of (green) canoes, and water across the street? I'm confused.

You know Alan, a guy who isn't an alcoholic, with a mortgage free house, a job would be highly appealing to the many single moms in my area. Come on up for a canoe trip, I'll send you back with a ready made family to fill that house, lol.

No booze, no cigarettes, no meat, no life, and no sex. Simple as that.

That sounds a lot like me already. Baby, where have I been all your life...lol. I could always grab a burger in town ...it would be my version of cheating.
Enjoy all the things you have while you are still young Alan. As the years progress it becomes more difficult to translate ideas into actions due to cluttering your life with, well, life.

Dont change, we love ya the way you are. ( Same goes for you Mem...dont make us stage an intervention, it would be ugly)

Christy

I knew this would happen. Canoe Tripping's most eligible bachelor shares his genius plans for a simple life and now he's got all the guys secretly jealous and all the gals secretly swooning.
Your simple plan of debt free home reno, wood milling, boat building and the good life that follows has me hooked and envious. I can't wait for the first episode of This Old Lodge with our host Alan G. I for one will stay tuned. No pressure.
My best wishes are sincere.

Last edited:
Yes, congratulations! It sounds like you've got a great thing going there! I am truly happy for you!

Jason

Oh, anytime you're ready with the "This old house" episodes.... I'll be watching!

Mortgage free waterfront property.........Does it get any better than that? Yes. Yes it will. :D

No life? Just a new sawmill, plenty of extra trees, an emerging new shop, a shed full of (green) canoes, and water across the street? I'm confused.

I knew there was a reason I liked hanging out here. What a great group. Thanks for the pep talk!

Alan

Nice going, Alan! I may have a near match - mountain/ocean view, no mortgage, good friends - even moose and cranes in the yard in season.
Brad

Back