• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

More On The Raffle

Reaction score
OK, let it begin! Here's what we have on the table due to the generous offers from members of the board for the raffle:

Bothwell Voyager is offering a Nomad Twig Stove
nomad.jpg

Sweetfancymoses is offering yoke pads
fetch

A member who would like to remain anonymous is offering a choice from this list of books:

Stalking The Wild Asparagus - Field Guide Edition by Euell Gibbons 1970
Identification and uses for wild food including preparation.
Excellent condition.

The Wilderness Cabin by Calvin Rutstrum 1974
How to build your own log, frame, or adobe cabin and where to build it.
Illustrated by Les Kouba
Poor condition. Loose pages, none missing.

Exploring Algonquin Park by Joanne Kates 1992
Updated and revised edition describing the park with 6 selected canoe routes.
Excellent condition.

You're Not Lost If You Can Still See The Truck by Bill Heavey 2014
Deeply philosophical and always amusing, an outdoorsman's recollections of his connections and experiences.
Excellent condition.

Cabin At Singing River by Chris Czajkowski 1991
Building a wilderness homestead in the British Columbia interior.
Excellent condition.

Freshwater Saga by Eric W. Morse 1987
Memoirs of a lifetime of wilderness canoeing in Canada. Historic routes and subarctic.
Excellent condition.

I have a large CanoeTripping T-Shirt that's in the mix as well.

Mike McCrea is offering these funky holders with I'm sure more stuff stuffed into them.

44578449400_3f68440d3d_c.jpg

BWCA66 is offering this: I know from Merrimack I would donate a set of paddle straps, a set of our hood tie offs and a hat expecting nothing in return.

Boatman53 is offering this: "I also have something to offer and ship at my expense you if want, it is an old Marples sheath knife with stag handle."

This is incredibly generous of all of you to offer all of this! It shows the character of this board in so many ways, makes it what is so successful as board that keeps giving and I thank you all for this. I think that when the fund raiser reaches its goal, which in one week in very close, I'll do like Robin did and film the drawing. From there I'll post about how the winners collect their prizes. Thank you all again.

dougd

Those are some very nice raffle prizes. If the deal is still different draw-pots for US-to-US or Canada-to-Canada I’ll throw in a Canadian winner’s prize and ship it across the border to even up the offerings north of the border.

I’ll be making another batch of heat sealable Packcloth dry bags this spring, and will make a custom size dry bag for a camp chair, sleeping pad or etc. Winner can send me the length and circumference and I’ll make one to size in purple Packcloth. Those simple rectangular dry bags are easy-peazy to make in any size, and I saved all the templates from past dry bag DIYs, so even easier.

Folded flat the lightweight shipping cost should modest even to Canada, and once the materials, cutting table and iron are all at the ready I have shop fun making those.

P7301071 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P7301069 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Back