• Happy Connecticut Day!

Miniature Bucksaw and Case

G

I just finished putting together a 12" knock down bucksaw with a leather case. Take a look at it here.

Reaction score
Neat. I love the case, very well protected. That must have taken some time to plan and construct.

Reaction score
Nice looking saw, have you tried it yet? My knockdown Bucksaw has a 24" blade, it's an old original Schimidt Packsaw. It has a nice cut length, easy to get blades for it at the hardware store too, although they are not the best quality.
That's a nice sheath you made, looks really nice and servers the purpose. I see you have a hatchet in your picture's background, I have a Snow and Nealley Hudson Bay Ax (1 & 3/4lb) with a 24" handle, fits nicely in the Duluth pack, the handle stuffed down the side after the pack is full. http://cspoutdoors.com/snownealhudb.html

Reaction score
Hi Little Bird, That's a nice saw you have there and the case seems well thought out. I've fiddled with leather work a little bit; may I ask where you get your leather and the parts for your projects?

Best Wishes,

Rob

G

I have used the saw. When I completed it I went outside and pruned a few trees. It works as well as a 12" saw will. I'm not completely satisfied with the hardware store blade, but the setup is small, light and works. My ax is a cheaply from a big box store. I liked the casting and spend quite a bit of time refining it. I reworked the handle, a bit, too. It's sharp enough to shave with, now.

My leather and findings come from Landwerland Leather Company here in Indianapolis. They've been in business since 1909 and haven't changed a thing. I'm not sure how they handle phone orders but you could give them a try, 317 636 8300.