• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Mad River Kevlar canoe interior colors?

Reaction score
Alrighty then, this may be a tad strange and off the wall but I need to repaint the interior of my Kevlar courier. Yeah I know that I can use color that I want- but what’s the fun in that. And besides, the colors that the bottom “diamond” and sides are- are pleasant! So before I spend countless hours in Lowes holding up a zillion paint strips that I can tell the difference in anyway, I thought I’d ask you all if anyone knows what the colors really are. Tried taking photos to take to the store but they are all washed out and useless. I’m sure that I can probably come up with something but someones’ probably had to duplicate them somewhere - so I’m askin’

If you are asking what the original colors were on the interior of a Kevlar Mad River Courier, I assume most would have been the unpainted natural yellow color of the Kevlar, perhaps with a gray painted bottom football, as in these photos:

MRC Courier.JPG

MRC Courier2.JPG

Of course, Mad River could have actually painted the entire interior upon some customer's special request, but I think that would have been unusual. Most folks who want a lightweight Kevlar canoe don't want the extra weight of additional paint beyond a football. The natural Kevlar darkens with age and can be almost a golden brown after decades of UV exposure.

Well, I’ve got the golden yellow for sure but someone before me did some awful patching and tried Loosely to match what I don’t know, but the patch went down the side and on to the bottom- and it’s a god awful yellow!

Which I might add, when sitting in the drivers seat is just starring at me-uuggh

Back