• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lows Lake deer camp 2017

Thanks, I have had a lot of fun with that wall tent. Back when I was driving truck for a living my company gave me $500 as a safe driving award, so I ordered an 8x10 wall tent with a 12x12x24 wood stove and an interior angle kit for a frame from some company out west. I made a metal conduit frame and went camping, out of my truck. Pretty boring, feeding the wood stove all day next to my truck cause the kit was just to heavy to haul on a toboggan or in a canoe to a more wild location.

The tent, stove and frame where too big, so I cut them all down to a solo size, tent, stove and frame. I have close to 60 nights in the tent, mostly spring and fall, some winter camping too.

Before and after pics

Attachments

• photo8661.jpg
    photo8661.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8662.jpg
    photo8662.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8663.jpg
    photo8663.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8664.jpg
    photo8664.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8665.jpg
    photo8665.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8666.jpg
    photo8666.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
If I was going to go I would be leaving tomorrow, but not this year. It was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed those weeks in the canvas tent, good food, warm wood stove, and great environment. It;s possible I may go next year for a few days with my son but leaving my wife alone anymore is tough as we age.

If I was going to go I would be leaving tomorrow, but not this year. It was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed those weeks in the canvas tent, good food, warm wood stove, and great environment. It;s possible I may go next year for a few days with my son but leaving my wife alone anymore is tough as we age.

Hope you are doing well. I find myself really lucky to have a wife that is as if not more outdoorsy as me, she is always ready to go hang out in the bush. I'm really lucky! Hope you will find time for a day out looking for deer!!
Cheers

Your pictures and video always make me jealous. I was looking forward to this years report. Hate you didn’t get your trip in.

Back