• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Looking for plans for Robb White's Sport canoe

Reaction score
Muskrat put me on to these plan. As Robb has passed on, I'm trying to find a set of plans.
They resemble Grumman's Sport canoe.

Thanks for any help you may be able to render !

Jim

You can still get plans from Robb Whites sons. You just have to send a $75 check and a letter to their P.O. box. It's an odd way to get plans nowadays but not so strange before the internet.

This is what their website says:

I do not have any email capability nor do I talk on the telephone. You can write me a plain old letter at P.O. Box 561, Thomasville, GA 31799. If you search the online phone books, you might come up with a Robb White in south Georgia but that is not me and that woman is tired of having to drive to my shop to tell me that somebody is desperately trying to get hold of me.

Jim, I've been eying that boat for a long time. I'm going to send off a check for some plans. I don't have any plans to build it, maybe not for years, but I figure I should at least get plans while I can. They can sit with my plans for a few canoes (American and Pacific), a drift boat of my own design, and my solo rowboat plans. So many nice boats, so little time.

Is this the infamous "Rescue Minor" that he wrote so many neat stories about...memory fails me know on that kind of detail.

Pretty marginal bottom, is continuing success is any indication?

Pardon? I'm not sure I follow...

Southcove. It is not the rescue minor. The rescue minor info is here:

http://www.robbwhite.com/rescue.minor.html

The freighter we are talking about is this:

http://www.robbwhite.com/sportboat.html

Funny quote from Robb about the rescue minor, "my credibility has come into question among some people who have not yet learned to believe every word I say."

Robb is a great writer. He has a few books and a lot of writings in "messing about in boats." Definitely worth checking out.

Long time reader of MAIB... good stuff in there. I will have to look at that for sure...I just remembered the shallow draft, some kind of propeller tunnel and many interesting (and sometimes a bit implausible) trips he made in the Rescue Minor...you got the feeling you were there and his death was a shock...and some neat building tips too.

Back