• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Looking for a Swift seat

G

Looking for a Swift seat for my solo. Must be at least 27" wide.
Thanks

I was trying to source one a while back. This is the email I got from Swift:

" Hi internet guy,

Replacement ash seats retail for $45.00 + HST for the bow and $40.00 + HST for the stern.

Parts can be shipped directly to you or you can arrange to pick them up from one of our retail locations to save the shipping charges.

If you would like to place a parts order, please call 1-866-386-1881 to provide shipping and payment information.

Thanks!
Jillian
[FONT="] [FONT=georgia, serif]Jillian Conrad[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Parts & Service Manager[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Office Manager[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, serif]Swift Canoe & Kayak[/FONT] [FONT=georgia, serif]Northern Canoe
Box 436 - 14 Howard Street
South River, ON P0A 1X0
Phone: 1-866-386-1881
Fax: (705) 386-1411
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

"

I probably would have bought from Swift, but it took a couple-some weeks to hear back from them, after a couple of phone calls just to find out who to send an email to... By that time I had already received a contoured seat from Essex. The Essex seat is about a 1/4 narrower so I toed in the bolt hole on the drops 2 degrees so they will hit the center of the rails. Sort of like this \ /

Last edited:
Jillian is the right contact and she has been delightful to work with in my experience. Maybe she's off paddling.

Yea. I had a feeling that i was dealing with a skeleton crew when I called. I like the shape of the swift seat better than the Essex seat because it has softer edges, but the Swift seat did delaminate eventialy.

Last edited:
Sue and Jon in CT can order anything needed as they are of the Swift family. We've gotten stuff that way as they have frequent runs from the factory

Thanks for all the help. I screwed up my confidence and am lengthening one I already have. It's only 1" short on the front cross member. I'm gluing a piece of a similar seat on each end and reinforcing it with a thinned laminated piece of a swift seat.
Turtle

Back