• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Little Tupper Lake

Reaction score
Just an update folks -

Wasn't sure how soaked the ground would be after so much rain, but I decided to check it out. Went in Tuesday morning.

Paddled back to site 12 for a couple of nites. Ground is dry, fish were somewhat cooperative and the weather was outstanding.

Got a small breeze from the north from the put in, and since this will likely be my last trip to LTL I decided to take advantage and explore every foot of shoreline and every site I had not been on on the west side. 6 1/2 hours one way guided by the wind on a perfect weather day. Lounging on beaches, nice memories on site 11 where we camped with the kids decades ago. All those Brookies we used to catch.
And I finally got to use site 12, which had eluded my for years.

Season's on - have fun!

Thanks for the update. I'm headed up that way Monday. I couldn't decide where to go, and since I haven't been to LTL in years maybe I'll check it out.
You didn't mention any blackflies so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Hey Penns,

Black flies just getting started. Currently just hovering in front of your face, but that will change quickly.

Access road to Lila closed till July, and with Lows closed, best to get out quick was my plan. Gonna be over run!

Have a great time - on my trip out while heading to #12 and covering all of the shoreline, only found one piece of garbage to pack out. Makes me smile.

Getting out early was my plan also but life got in the way and held me up. Between the crowds and blackflies I think I can handle the blackflies better.

Hey Penns,

Black flies just getting started. Currently just hovering in front of your face, but that will change quickly.

Access road to Lila closed till July, and with Lows closed, best to get out quick was my plan. Gonna be over run!

Have a great time - on my trip out while heading to #12 and covering all of the shoreline, only found one piece of garbage to pack out. Makes me smile.
I know the road to the Lows lower dam is closed indefinitey, but I hadn't heard about the Lila access road being closed until July. Did the DEC post anything online about it?

Good morning TB,

I had not heard about Lila either, but when I called to find out how wet the ground was up there at LTL he let me know.

Lows issues and this - ouch, at least for awhile. Gonna have to go deeper!

This might turn out to be something good for me. Now it may force me to go to some of the other places I always say I'd like to try but never do. Recently, I find myself looking at Maine a lot more. Maybe this is the year.

YC, Very interesting looking. I would sure like to experience a week or so exploring country like that.
Looking forward to your trip report when you get back.

Agree with Penns - look pretty cool.

YC, just out of curiosity, do you have a feel for how many overnite trips you have been on? If I remember correctly, you were paddling in the ADK's early on - like in the 60's. I was reading about Anne Labastille while you actually were being her!

Back