• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Limited Access UPDATE

Reaction score
After a few days of moderation Yassine has changed the settings so that the Trip Reports section will be available to everyone. An upgrade in the sites quota to allow the site to be completely open to everyone, member, member who isn't logged in and guests will probably have to be made sooner or later, but for the time being we'll see how this works.

I have found if I just save my username and password all I have to do is click on the login and then ok and I'll be logged in, no big deal. It is only two clicks of the mouse and you're in.

Most times, since I really don't trip or contribute to this site, I just don't want to log in..... I have changed that now but I liked being a lurker for quite a while....

I don't know much about all this but don't search engines use bots to figure out what's out there and where to retrieve it when someone does a Google search? If bots are locked out of most of the forums won't this keep canoetripping threads from coming up if someone is using a search engine?

Maybe that's not how it works or maybe it's not a concern. Just a thought that popped into my head.

Alan

Just a thought from a very new member. Would it make sense to have a little area on the logged out version of the homepage that makes it obvious that there is more content? Maybe the titles of some of the recent activity? I ask because I signed up in large part because of what I could see was available in certain areas that I would not now even know existed.

Alan is quite right that search engines use bots to index pages. The flip side is that if an area can't be accessed while signed out, do you really want it to be indexed by google et. al.?

Back