• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Lila and Stony Creek

Reaction score
Spent a few days in the Adirondacks canoing and camping. Hit some heavy winds, rain and bugs but still always a great trip. Just love it up there.

Lila was so wind swept and rainy so we mostly chilled in camp. I had hopes of trying to find a lake trout but that'll have to wait for another trip. Did however have good luck connecting with a northern pike on a gold kast master at stony creek.

Attachments

• photo7444.jpg
    photo7444.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7445.jpg
    photo7445.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7446.jpg
    photo7446.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7447.jpg
    photo7447.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7448.jpg
    photo7448.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7449.jpg
    photo7449.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7450.jpg
    photo7450.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo7451.jpg
    photo7451.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1
GreenFrog - Always great to see your trip photos. The largest pike I've ever caught was in Stony Creek ponds. Lots of great pike fishing in those little bodies of water. A buddy and I who used to co-lead trips would go out after dinner whenever we were on those ponds for some pike fishing. The deal was whoever caught the fish, the other one took it off so we wouldn't have to bring the fish out of the water. One night I hooked on to one that was around 28" who just didn't want to be released. Every time my friend would go down with the needle nose pliers to remove the lure, the pike would swish it's body around and lunge around with it's teeth flailing. Eventually it was just safer to cut the line and lose the lure so that's what he did. Still one of my more memorable fishing excursions in the Adirondacks.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

GreenFrog - Always great to see your trip photos. The largest pike I've ever caught was in Stony Creek ponds. Lots of great pike fishing in those little bodies of water. A buddy and I who used to co-lead trips would go out after dinner whenever we were on those ponds for some pike fishing. The deal was whoever caught the fish, the other one took it off so we wouldn't have to bring the fish out of the water. One night I hooked on to one that was around 28" who just didn't want to be released. Every time my friend would go down with the needle nose pliers to remove the lure, the pike would swish it's body around and lunge around with it's teeth flailing. Eventually it was just safer to cut the line and lose the lure so that's what he did. Still one of my more memorable fishing excursions in the Adirondacks.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

It sure is fun from a canoe and a beautiful little spot!
There was a guy out there in a cedar strip stand-up paddle board that he had outfitted to fish for pike. Wish I took a photo to share here.

Thanks for sharing, I love brindle colored dogs. We had a 90# brindle lab/pit "lap" dog.

Canoe camping with a dog is the absolute best. Funny 90# is a bit much for a lap dog. We camp in a tent and our dog sleeps by our feet but if exhausted right on my legs.. they will go numb quick and he is about 60#

Ahhh...Lake Lila a great spot! Sorry to hear the wind was tough.
And that a beautiful Northern! Great Smallmouth fishin there too.

Your photos are classic...like the knife and saw and hatchet especially.

My Dad had a Pit that looked just like that....Cheyenne. I looking forward to tripping with my 1 1/2yr old German Shorthair someday soon.

Back