• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

I really hope to make it far north for a trip, PP your pics have me wanting it even more. I could retire at the end of this school year if I pick up another job. Right now I'm thinking Nunavut or Yukon, Yukon for the scenery, Nunavut for the dough. Either would put me in the area for a good canoe trip.

30804063878_21f677e54e_b.jpg

Of all the places I have been, mem, I think the Yukon has the most spectacular scenery. Here is our camp at the base of Mount Monolith near Dawson City. We have never actually paddled in the Yukon, except for a short 40 km (25 miles) float down the Klondike River into the Yukon River near the historic gold rush town of Dawson City. We were pretty new to paddling in those days (1987), and found it pretty darned exciting. Even found a paddle along the way, which we still have to this day.

One aspect of the far north that we truly enjoy is the constant daylight above the Arctic Circle. Even close to the Arctic Circle gives 24 hours per day of the freedom to move and enjoy life.

You mention jobs in the Yukon or Nunavut. Why not the NWT? Just curious.

There's lots of great paddling in the Yukon. Have you seen the book by Madsen & Wilson, "Rivers of the Yukon - A Paddling Guide?" I think there might be a more recent edition by Madsen only. Whitehorse would be a very attractive place to spend some time in the North.

apostrophes, quotation marks and hyphens in this post. Here goes!

I wore my "Real Men Love Cats" T-shirt to the farmer's market this morning and got 4 "Likes" in 10 minutes. Turns out to be a real chick magnet. Too bad they were all from crazy cat ladies.

Back