• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

"Light" Three-Season Hammock?

I have been following this thread, with a single lament in mind – I wish I could comfortably sleep in a hammock. That would resolve uneven, poorly drained tent site issues.

I tried hanger-fiend JSaults various hammocks, a Hennessey, a Clarks, another high-end hammock, three exemplars all properly hung by the Master himself for my sleeping pleasure.

It was not a pleasure. I can happily lie in a day hammock for hours while reading a book, inspecting the breeze in the tree tops, even dozing off and napping. But at night I sleep on my side and cannot sleep in a hammock.

I tried my damdest, in three different hammocks. I know other side-sleepers rave about the best night’s sleep ever. JSaults included.

Nope, not happening. As a form of torture I’ll tell you whatever you want to know, just lemme outa here, my shoulders are killing me and I haven’t slept a wink.

Long way of saying, before you drop the bucks on a sleep hammock system, try one (or a few) if you can. I believe the Hammock Forum folks once held get-togethers, at least before Covid-19 and social distancing.

Even if a hammock does work for you all that Dutchware, specialty tarp, bottom quilt and other hammock stuff is worth checking out

I should note that one son uses a UL Hennessey and is a sad camper if forced to sleep in a tent.

Thanks, Mike McCrea ! I agree that the only way to know is to try.

Deleted

Attachments

• photo17844.jpg
    photo17844.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've been using a double layer Blackbird from Warbonnett for 4 years and upgrading as I learn more. I like the larger tarps and just bought an underquilt. A pound (or 2) more weight than a tent is worth it in quality of sleep.
Look up 'shugemery', lots of good info and a lot of entertainment.

Once you get the hang you'll never go back to ground.

Back