• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Ist trip with Jake, 6 month old pup - Turtle Flambau Flowage

Murray's has less motorized boat traffic than the other landings. Most of the canoes and kayaks put in there for that reason. Also, the southern campsites are less busy and more remote than the ones on the northern part of the flowage near Big Island, although there are fewer of them and sometimes they fill up. There are free maps in the kiosks at each landing which show all campsites. The maps are detailed enough to use for navigation.

Use bear precautions with your food packs if on the mainland sites. The bears are not aggressive but will take advantage of a free midnight snack.

Last edited:
Very cool! My 6 mo old puppy shows little interest in the water or the canoe, but I'm hoping she'll come around soon. Great report, thanks for sharing.

Murray's has less motorized boat traffic than the other landings. Most of the canoes and kayaks put in there for that reason. Also, the southern campsites are less busy and more remote than the ones on the northern part of the flowage near Big Island, although there are fewer of them and sometimes they fill up. There are free maps in the kiosks at each landing which show all campsites. The maps are detailed enough to use for navigation.

Use bear precautions with your food packs if on the mainland sites. The bears are not aggressive but will take advantage of a free midnight snack.

Bob/Hogan,

Thank you for the input. Looks like I have a new place to check out this fall!

Back