• Happy Willie Mays' Circus Catch of Vic Wertz (1954)! ⚾

ISO Lightweight solo canoe

Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
301
Reaction score
638
Location
Mount Solon, VA
WANT TO BUY OR TRADE: Lightweight solo canoe. 14 ft +/-, ~ 40 lbs. For rivers up to high Class II, but also reasonable for old guy to portage. Need capacity for camping gear and/or dog. What do you have? PM on this forum.
 
Still looking? I have a Bell Flashfire I just listed in the classifieds.
 
Thanks, NCDawg. I bought a Nova Craft Prospector 14 in Tuff Stuff in the spring. A bit heavy at 45 lbs., but I should be able to schlepp it around on short portages. Didn't want to go with anything lighter, b/c the rivers here are shallow and rocky. Especially now -- all the streams have dried up, and I have only taken my canoe out twice.

Beautiful country where you live! I'm on the western edge of the Shenandoah Valley, 4 miles from the George Washington National Forest and the first ridge of the Alleghenies. Great view of the mountains from here, and the neighbor in front of me is putting his 200 acre farm under a conservation easement.
 
Back
Top Bottom