• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Is your First Aid updated?

That's a good reminder sweeper. I'm pretty lax with mine. I try to update my band aids gauze and advil, but the most important thing in there is the first aid booklet that came with the origional kit. Other than that I always have duct tape and a couple extra bandanas, which according to my old Boy Scout Handbook can be used for just about anything.

Timely reminder. Our kit is a bare minimum one that goes everywhere all the time. Right now it's riding in the pocket behind my driver's seat. But it's been 6 months since we last opened it to review the contents. It's due for a review and renew. Thanks Sweep.

I added a stapler a few years back. Suturing yourself can be challenging, especially if the cut is on an arm, hand or back. Some coagulant would be helpful so I can see what I’m stapling. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the reminder to go through my first aid kits (and also my repair kit, pin kit, kitchen kit, etc.) before the season starts.
I tend not to think about drugs expiring so I'll need to check those dates, too.

Good reminder. I'm thinking of including liquid bandages (there are many that use Durabond or similar) for cuts. Based on a few visits to the urgent care center (my wife's and my cuts) it seems like the medical community is using it instead of stitches nowadays.

after spending several years as an instructor for youth groups, it's become ingrained in me to double check the kits after each use and stock them on the fly, and I have a LOT of kits- one in each bathroom, one in the kitchen and garage, and one in each car, then there's my tripping kits, a small personal hiking kit, a bigger paddling kit, and my even larger tripping kit, Finally there's what people call my trauma kit for youth groups, with such wonderful things like sutures and staples, various forceps and haemostats, shell dressings, splints and splint padding, eye irrigation kit, and even several packets of Pedialyte powder.
I try to use the various kits in some sort of rotation so they all get checked somewhat regularly.

Back