• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Hiking as shuttle

Reaction score
Has anyone ever hike to their canoe or car as a shuttle? I am thinking of a weekend trip that I would have to hike (about 11 miles) to my canoe and than paddle back to my car. How do you secure your gear (canoe, paddle, life jacket)? I plan to backpack about 5 miles in as I will probably arrive late in the day. Than the next day hike the rest to my canoe and paddle till I feel like stopping to camp for the night. I don't want to carry my paddle and life jacket if I don't have to.

Kaine

I have used a bike for a self shuttle. I hid it, chained up, in the woods at the take out and rode the 7 miles to the car.

Sent my son off last year to make about an 8 1/2 mile route back to get the truck after we had spent 10 days out. (from EP 16 back to EP 14 in BWCA) We double portage and after the first carry he went for the truck and I made two more trips. Got all the gear torn down and clothes changed just as he made it back. He hiked/jogged for 4 miles and some gal that worked at a resort knew what he was up to and gave him a ride. Have hears some people get lucky and get a ride right away and others hike the entire way.

Going to be using these same points for two different trips this year also. The second one will be a solo so I may stash a bike.

Back