• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Here's a canoe video to remind you what summer is like

Yes it is. I edited out a whole bunch - we shot film nearly every day over 10 days and whittled it down to 11 minutes. Now that I've had the video for awhile I would like to go back, shorted the doggy cam footage and lengthen the footage of me pulling the canoe through the stream, and a few other tweaks.

Haven't done much with the go pro since then, although I'd like to do more.

Uncle_Skwid I have the same problem with getting my GoPro knockoff (lovingly called the NoPro) to start recording. It's really hard to see the tiny little front screen when it's mounted behind me on the canoe. If it's mounted to the canoe I really have to get out to start it recording. Even though the camera angle isn't the best, I and the camera work most reliably when I have it mounted to the knife clip part of my life jacket with a helmet mount, that way I can flip it down look at the rear screen, start it recording, and flip it back up. Only problem with the chest mount is I sometimes hit the camera with the pole or paddle and it is VERY loud on the microphone.

blackfly Nice video, lake travel isn't my normal trip, so it's nice to see a process I'm never involved with. I like the puppy cam, better if you can get the camera more solidly mounted.

Back