• Happy National Zipper Day (pat. 1913)! 🤐

Help Identifying Canoe

Reaction score
Just bought a 16' fiberglass canoe a couple of weeks ago. The guy I got it from had no idea what model/brand it is. I looked around online a good bit and could not find anything that looked like it. Hoping someone on here might know.

Attachments

• Canoe1.jpg
    Canoe1.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Canoe2.jpg
    Canoe2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Canoe3.jpg
    Canoe3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 29
I found where it used to be but all but the last two numbers have been chipped off. The last two digits are 11.

This probably indicates a canoe that was made in 2011. The link at https://www.usps.org/national/safety/HIN/HIN.pdf has more details.

This unusual flat back canoe looks a lot older to me than 2011. HIN numbers weren't standardized or required before 1972, as far as I know, and this canoe may be older than that. If so, the number that has been obliterated may just have been some arbitrary serial number that the builder used.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ralph. That looks exactly the same other than the flatback. I don't think the HIN was intentionally removed. She's definitely seen a lot of use and it looks like it just got scratched off over the years. I don't think it's from 2011 either. The guy I got it from said he had it for a long time and the guy before him drove it all the way from Alaska to Alabama when he moved. He supposedly had it for a good bit of time as well but I don't know how long. It still has the Alaska registration on it which is pretty neat. I wasn't able to find any info from registration records for it though. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Back