• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from NWO

Reaction score
Hi, just found my way over to this site last week or so. I have enjoyed reading all the posts here since then.

I have recently re-located from Southern Ontario to Northwestern Ontario.

Not new to canoeing but not a pro either.

I hope to be able to contribute where I can here.

Brad

Well, You know what they say....

Location, Location, Location..... Northwestern Ontario is about as good as it gets for canoe tripping.

Welcome, Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

O no...another Brad! We are going to have to number the Brads and the Robs...
Just kidding...welcome!

Location, location, vacation. Hi Clem, and welcome. So you finally escaped the Southern Ontario sprawl, to spread out in the wide open boreal of NW Ontario.
Nice move! I'm jealous though, cause now your back yard/escape route starts at your back door. I have to fill up the gas tank, just "to get to where you're at".
Anyway, just so you know, you might want to stick with your Clem moniker. I might've put a couple dings and dents in the Brad one.
Looking forward to hearing about your newfound northern explorations.
Take care,
the other guy.

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Now to figure out how to post a picture........

Nice photos! Beautiful places to camp. How do you like your Holy Cow Canoe?

Where in NWO?

Curious Former TBayite or TBayan or thunderbagonian here, however you say it...former Lakeheader? Fort Williamite?

more importantly, where are you planning to paddle first, now that you are close to some great paddling areas?

Welcome to N. Ontario, don't know where you are, but if you are looking for some routes in Geraldton/Nakina area, I'll hook you up.

Thanks for the photo posting help! I appreciate it.

Living in Geraldton and just starting to get a feel for the area. My work takes me from one end of Greenstone to the other so i am getting to see lots of countryside.

As for the Holy Cow Canoe, no complaints. Its a 14' prospector design in an Ultraglass layup, (whatever ultraglass is). The price was right for my limited budget at the time. Its light to portage and handle fairly well, but what do I know..... Did you see the giant cooler I packed on that trip..lol

Back