• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

hello from Montana

G

I have been paddling seriously for 15 years or so. I got the bug on canoe trips with my church youth group to the BWCA way back in the 70s, and waited way too long to buy my first canoe. Now, I have 2 solo tripping canoes, a couple C-1s and a tandem canoe. Most recently, I upgraded an old solo to a used composite Wenonah Rendevous, and really like it. My son and I have done a couple back country trips in Northern Saskatchewan. The last time, we paddled the Waterfound River into the Fon Du Lac River for a couple weeks. That was a too many years ago, and I would love to paddle the Thelon River next. Mostly, I paddle the Yellowstone and other rivers here in Montana on day trips and do little fly fishing. When the weather turns cold, I switch over to hunting upland game birds with english setters.

Welcome to the family of paddlers here. There is a thread called photo of the day going on in the photography section. Pictures of the Yellowstone would be very welcome if you had any to share. The western states are not as well represented as other areas. Dave

Been to Montana once way back in the 70s. Bet its great place to canoe/hunt/fish.

Hi, Welcome to the site, I too would like to see some pictures of the Yellowstone, it looks really beautiful in the ones I have seen to date.
Your trips up north sound pretty neat also, have read a few trip reports about Saskatchewan and I can only dream. Maybe a road trip some day to see that neck of the woods.

Back