• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Hello from Idaho!

Reaction score
I'm Adam from Boise, ID. I love to fly fish. I also love to observe wildlife, especially birds, and find myself deeply connected to the natural world. I love the canoe because of its aesthetics, its relative silence, the sense of history I have when I paddle one. I'm not taking up the canoe to fish, but if the canoe bring me to knew water I'd like to fish, thats great too.

I've done a bit of sea kayaking when I lived in CA, and out here in Idaho I do some rafting and whitewater kayaking. But, I want to introduce the canoe into my life. My vision for next year includes handful of overnight trips in Idaho on relatively flat water rivers. I'd like to buy a high-quality solo canoe that fits my limited needs. I'd prefer it be light, too. And used. Is that too much to ask? Early trips will be accompanied but I do intend on taking trips solo, too. All things in due time.

I look forward to learning more about this lovely pursuit.

Hi Adam. Do you know " Steve from Idaho" ? I went poling on the Deschutes river in Bend Or. with him last summer. He was nice enough to supply all the gear and drive from (he's maybe 20ish miles outside Boise iirc) home. Great guy, I wanted to get out there this summer as well, and he wants to come east...hopefully we'll meet up again on this planet. I can introduce you to him via the 'net if you haven't met.

Welcome Adam,

I do a good bit of fly fishing, but never from a canoe. Tried it several times and it just doesn't seem the same as wading. I like to paddle rivers and stop occasionally to wade and fly fish. I do a lot of white water canoeing and kayaking too, especially in the winter. This is a good time of year to start looking for a used canoe. Good luck.

Cheers,
Barry

Hello Adam, and welcome to the clan. Glad you could be here. Grab a cup of coffee, and a nice comfy seat...there's a whole nother world waiting for you.

Momentum

Welcome.

There's many facets of paddling a canoe that you will surely enjoy.

Best of luck with your search.

Back