• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Hello from Allagash

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I'm actually writing from Allagash Maine where I live on the St John. Having recently moved here I feel like I should learn how to do more canoeing than simply short lake paddles to go fishing. Hoping to learn more about how to pack and even better...find some folks to join. I have a 1914 OT Charles River that I restored and a late 80s 14' OT fiberglass Katahdin. Hoping someday to get a Novacraft.

I also do a little packrafting.

Welcome Raven, glad to see you here, we met at the BCUSA winter gathering in Orland, Maine. I hope things are working out for you in Alagash, you had mentioned you had plans to move up there, a log home on the St John river iirc.

Welcome to the campfire Raven and pull up a stump. Another Mainer here but I’m a bit further south in the mid coast area.
Jim

Welcome Raven, glad to see you here, we met at the BCUSA winter gathering in Orland, Maine. I hope things are working out for you in Alagash, you had mentioned you had plans to move up there, a log home on the St John river iirc.
Hello Robin,
Yes I remember. The fellow with the beautiful Chestnuts canoes! Yeah we ended up relocating in early May. Been playing around a little on the river, but nothing exciting yet. Looking to join up with folks right now rather than do it alone. Going to Puckerbush?

Raven, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Welcome. My first trip was on The Allagash, 1972, fond memories of your neighborhood in many respects over here.

Back