• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Greetings from the Old Dominion

G

Greetings all,
I am glad I found this forum. I believe that I recognize a few of y'all from hammocksforum.net. If so, hooah.
I am a.....hmmm...lifelong outdoorsman who was forced indoors for about a decade. I tore my leg up in the Army and the VA had to do several surgeries, over the course of several years. I used to do a LOT of hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, more hiking...
I confess, I sort of let it come to a screeching halt when I could not go as "full throttle" as I was used to. A couple of years ago two things happened, the VA docs did one last bit of kinfe work and said, "that's as good as it is gonna get, go forth and do," and I stepped back, looked in a mirror and said, "dang son, this won't do!"
Now I am back to (carefully) hiking, biking, and paddeling. Not as strong or as far as I used to but I'm working on it!
:cool:

Welcome Home, and Welcome to the site. I hope your recovery moves right along and your outdoor pursuits improve with time. Thanks for your service.

Welcome aboard, CoreyR.
We have a number of vets here and although we don't know exactly what you went through we can appreciate your sacrifices. We also have a brotherhood and sisterhood of canoeists of all levels of experience and expertise. I have learned a lot and made some friends here and I hope you do too.
regards,
Dave

Hello Corey, Welcome.

I am slowing down here too, but I take away some advice from one of my father's sayings... "Do something, even if it's wrong!"

Y'all need "like" buttons so I can hit it on each post! Thanks for the words of welcome. I am looking forward to learning new things from more experienced hands.
At Hammockforum I have had the unique experience of having "experience" but it is "out of date" due to my hiatus. I used to use an old "net hammock," back in the day and it was the cats meow, far in advance of most troopers who were still sleeping in the muck. I used it for years and I thought I knew something about hammocks.

Back