• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Greetings from the Okanagan BC

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i joined a couple of months ago and i have very limited data (and time these days). I live in Winfield BC (aka "lake country) and work in the orchards here. Been a wierd winter/spring and am finishing the pruning season (peaches now) with the trees in full bloom. Pruning while the bee's are pollunating haha

I own an old clipper solitude (1985) and looking forward to another fine season of paddling. (Actually was on wood lake in early march (years first paddle) been crazy warm here this year) Suppose to be 27 c today so after pruning i will be paddling.
I do not have much tripping experience (spent a week paddling lake okanagan back in 98) but i plan to do alot more multi day tripping in the future.
Not much river experience either, but i am shoping for a used "more river friendly canoe"" in the $500 range, if anyone around the okanagan knows of one)

Working the orchards i usually have time in late april/may as well as late august.
Would love to hit "Murtle lake" for a week (or more) in May if anyone here is interested ?
I would also love to trip the Yukon from whitehorse to Dawson in mid August if anyone is interested ?.

Browse this fine site whenever i can and really enjoy the post's . Happy paddling everyone and have a wonderfull day

Don't just love it too long, make it happen. I waited too long and now I'm trying to caught up even thou you can't.
Welcome, this is the group that will inspire you to get out there. Read the "Photo of the Day" thread. There should get you out there.

Welcome From the Yukon!! Funny thing is we will be visiting friends in Salmon Arm in July, will be back in the Yukon in august... I use to own a Solitude...
Anyhow, if and when you get up here, we should get in touch!!
Cheers

Thanx sweeper will check that thread

Canotrouge i have browsed your post's nice pics. I lived in whitehorse in 2002-04 working on call so did not get out much, but i will return for a visit with time to explore .will drop you a line if i make it up there . The Shuswap is a beautiful area with some nice paddling opertunities, but July is a busy tourist time, enjoy your stay

Welcome, this is a great site. There is a guy in Barriere who advertises on Craigslist all the time. I think he finds small boats that need some TLC and refurbishes them. I have seen him post several canoes over the past 6 months or so. May be worth checking it out. If you can't find him on the interior Craigslist sites try the Vancouver one. He's on there all the time. Good luck with your search.

Back