• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Greetings from Eastern PA

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Rob and I started out with kayaks until I became a father then switched to canoes. I purchased a used Mad River Freedom with a royale x hull close to 8 years ago. When I bought it, the gunwales were a little soft along with the deck plates. I enjoyed it for a couple years then parked it with the plan to redo the wood bits.

Fast forward a few years and it still is waiting for attention. Between work and raising a daughter, there's not enough time to get it done.

Friday evening I went to an auction to buy a couple old bicycles and ended up coming home with the bikes AND a Mad River kevlar 49 canoe with paddles. Now I have 2 canoes, same amount of free time and 3 oldish bikes. Life is good!

I'll most likely be unloading the Freedom in the near future if anyone is interested in it. I'd like to see it go to a good home, not the trash.
PXL_20220812_225650000.jpg

Rob, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please consider adding your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is in many ways a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Welcome Rob from the Pine Creek Valley of North Central Pa. Looking forward to your posts.

Howdy, Rob. I just have to ask, what are you going to do with those old bikes? When I looked at old bikes, it's been because I wanted to chop them up. But, "Ride 'em," is a great answer.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

@Chip most likely ride them! What are you looking for? Things seem to follow me home if they have paws, wheels or float.

Back