• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Green river, Utah

A great desert trip by canoe. Avoid June, July and August because of the heat. On the trail of John Wesley Powell.

Hey Andy- how was the trip? Are you going to write it up? I watched the USGS flow reports during the ten days you were out and the river was high (22,000-28,000 CFS) the whole time. Any idea what the typical or range of current speed was? We are taking a group of boys down the section above your trip (Crystal Geyser to Mineral Bottom 63 miles) on 6/14. The Colorado was running at 6MPH in the flat water section through Moab few weeks ago when it was at 23,000 CFS. I paced a log floating down as I rode my bike along the river trail and got a good GPS reading. We are planning on 3-4 days on the river, which should be doable at the current flow level. Did you end up spending more time hiking and hanging out than paddling? Any bugs? Wind problems ? Thanks for any info and I liked your photos.

Hey Andy- how was the trip? Are you going to write it up? I watched the USGS flow reports during the ten days you were out and the river was high (22,000-28,000 CFS) the whole time. Any idea what the typical or range of current speed was? We are taking a group of boys down the section above your trip (Crystal Geyser to Mineral Bottom 63 miles) on 6/14. The Colorado was running at 6MPH in the flat water section through Moab few weeks ago when it was at 23,000 CFS. I paced a log floating down as I rode my bike along the river trail and got a good GPS reading. We are planning on 3-4 days on the river, which should be doable at the current flow level. Did you end up spending more time hiking and hanging out than paddling? Any bugs? Wind problems ? Thanks for any info and I liked your photos.
The Green was running at 6-7 mph. Flood stage I suppose. We started at Mineral bottom and finished on the Colorado. Bring lots of water. You will need it. Campsites are easy to find, there is usually a gap in the trees. But you have to set up for entering the gap. Get on the side the gap is on and about a hundred yards upstream, then point your boat upstream and drift towards the gap. Once there, paddle like blazes

Back