• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Good Morning

Reaction score
I am a retired concrete finisher who has been working for a company in LaCrosse,Wi. I was promoted to head canoe builder, and we are still in the infancy in a building that housed the former Bell Canoe shop. Bell sold the business to ORC industries, it tanked in a few years then the building sat dormant for 11 years. I work with the marketing director of the company who is heading up the program. I mostly work alone, teaching myself the trade of composites, lay up, infusion, mold maintenance, etc. We have done a number of protoypes and , hopefully, this week, will be our first sellable boat. We were working on some cosmetic flaws in our layup by hand and are now teaching ourselves the gelcoat process! I have really appreciated the huge amount of knowledge , perusing these forums! Thank you for allowing me the privilege to learn a new skill set!

oldnewbie,

I am a retired concrete finisher who has been working for a company in LaCrosse,Wi. I was promoted to head canoe builder, and we are still in the infancy in a building that housed the former Bell Canoe shop.

Oldnewbie, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please consider adding your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is in many ways a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Best of luck with your new venture. Does your company have a name yet?

Back