• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Garage floor covering

Reaction score
Hello. I built a new house. The garage is heated, I've been packing the seeds inside, it's been amazing. BUT I messed up twice and spun the track a little bit.

What is everyone using to protect the floor?

I was going to epoxy it but I was told the studs will f it up just like concrete. I was thinking of some sort of floor covering like rubber floor mats or something. I need to be able to use dolys to move the sleds around and it needs to be able to take a few stud hits. I'm not running crazy studs...yet.. mega bites no triggers on this sled. So hoping something cheaper and thinner will work. It's a three-car garage 1100sqft minus the stairs. I only want to do one side and it doesn't have to go all the way up and around.

Looking for options or opinions?

Hello. I built a new house. The garage is heated, I've been packing the seeds inside, it's been amazing. BUT I messed up twice and spun the track a little bit.

What is everyone using to protect the floor?

I was going to epoxy it but I was told the studs will f it up just like concrete. I was thinking of some sort of floor covering like rubber floor mats or something. I need to be able to use dolys to move the sleds around and it needs to be able to take a few stud hits. I'm not running crazy studs...yet.. mega bites no triggers on this sled. So hoping something cheaper and thinner will work. It's a three-car garage 1100sqft minus the stairs. I only want to do one side and it doesn't have to go all the way up and around.
commercial flooring Raleigh
Looking for options or opinions?
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
Why not just leave it bare concrete? Snowmobile studs will probably damage any surface you put down more than they'll damage the concrete.

When I think of an epoxy coating I think of it in situations where you want to seal the concrete so oil/fluids don't soak in.

Alan

If there is a farm or equestrian supply place nearby, call them up and see if they have horse stall mats. They are 4x6 feet, about 3/4 inch thick rubber, and around 100 pounds each. Very tough. I bought a bunch for a basement gym a few years ago and payed around $50 Canadian each (maybe $35-$40 US). They give off a rubbery smell for a month or so, but likely not an issue if in a garage.

If there is a farm or equestrian supply place nearby, call them up and see if they have horse stall mats. They are 4x6 feet, about 3/4 inch thick rubber, and around 100 pounds each. Very tough. I bought a bunch for a basement gym a few years ago and payed around $50 Canadian each (maybe $35-$40 US). They give off a rubbery smell for a month or so, but likely not an issue if in a garage.
I agree with Traveler, We had a horse at one time and those mats although heavy as a bugger are so rugged they are worth the money. I use one on the lawn in front of my shop and it has withstood the tests of NH weather for 4 years now and is still going strong!

doug

Lots of help on this at Garage Journal. Probably a tile made for garages, but no experience personally.

I was going to epoxy it but I was told the studs will f it up just like concrete.
a good, properly applied true epoxy coating is far stronger than concrete, I've seen it used in heavy industry where things like excavators and bulldozers are repaired, or in manufacturing plants using noxious chemicals and 2000+lb rolls of steel as well as forklifts, steel bins or bedsteads, and steel skids with little to no damage. I doubt any outdoor equipment would seriously damage a professionally prepped and installed, commercial grade, 2 part epoxy

Last edited:
Back