• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Free Mad River Hull

Reaction score
My sister in Maine has a 17' Mad River hull manufactured for L.L. Bean back in the '70s or '80s taking up space. The gunnels are missing, but she has seats (need to be re-woven) and thwarts. I took a quick look at it while visiting last fall and believe it is Roylex.

The boat is located just outside Portland. If anyone is interested in looking at this for a project please let me know, I'll get you in contact with her. Who can argue with the price? FREE

Thanks,

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_7357.jpeg
    IMG_7357.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 0
Nice opportunity for someone, Thanks for the offer, I'm moving to Maine and would pick it up on the way north but the timing isn't right.

Hi Robin. It was offered to me of course last fall, but I travel back and forth between Maine and Virginia with a rack full of boat each time, so I couldn't take it with me. At 600 plus miles each way, it's not worth a special trip for me.

Hopefully we'll find it a good home.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,
If the boat is still available, my brother recently relocated from New Orleans to Portland (Coast Guard) and is looking for a canoe to take his kids out on some of the area lakes/rivers.......He's pretty handy so new gunwales, etc. wouldn't be an issue for him. I spoke to him a little bit ago and he is definitely interested......I can send you his name/phone/e-mail to pass on if it is still available.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S.- I went ahead and PM'd you his contact info through this site.....

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

I got your brother's info and passed it on to my sister. She will contact him. Thanks.

The hull is spoken for. Mike, your brother is going to pick it up. I understand there will be pictures when He's done with the restoration. Can't wait to see it.

Chuck

Yes, he picked it up Saturday.....Thanks again for putting this out there! He said the hull is in great condition other than a small 2-3" split at the top of the bow....probably dropped or something while the gunwales were off....nothing a little g-flex won't take care of......He called "Ed's" and priced out new gunwales etc.....just trying to confirm model for proper fit. Serial # is MADA5078M81K......

Mike

Back