• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

First Pond Outing

G

Literally
9210631547_04574c3f8e_o.jpg

We went for a paddle with some friends to a new local spot today. I find a lot of the interesting stuff is on the edges so a narrow pond like First is a treat. Beautiful spot.
9210631609_be8637172c_o.jpg

Stopped for lunch on this little island
9210631679_bcde76591b_o.jpg

The Charles River
9210631747_e9338a2a35_o.jpg

9213447440_bd8c5be501_o.jpg

And the OT Camper
9210631903_e0a34ddccd_o.jpg

The Rose Pagonia Orchids were blooming
9210631825_ca705bdbfd_o.jpg

And the Water Lillies too
9213447510_c6c81f1490_o.jpg

Clambered around some rock outcrops
9213447666_1d6e603e2a_o.jpg

To the displeasure of mama Phoebe
9210815793_3bdf459ba7_o.jpg

9213447878_63a03ce644_o.jpg

9213447928_8109410a43_o.jpg

A good use of the day methinks. Thanks for looking.

Very nice pictures! And I learned a new flower! Google Maps shows the pond.. were you able to get deep into what looks like a bog? Phoebe will get over it though our mama glared at us whenever we used our front door! She has chosen to nest there in a book shelf (outside) for five of the last seven years and always gives us attitude.

Very nice pictures! And I learned a new flower! Google Maps shows the pond.. were you able to get deep into what looks like a bog? Phoebe will get over it though our mama glared at us whenever we used our front door! She has chosen to nest there in a book shelf (outside) for five of the last seven years and always gives us attitude.

Duck Marsh is pretty dense with rushes, probably could have gone a way in but we didn't. The google maps has a low water image, I was hoping all the rain we've had would give us some more leeway and it did, water levels were good.

Phoebes must not mind us too much cause they sure make themselves right at home.

Your photos captured one of the most enjoyable aspects of canoeing: close-up viewing of flora and fauna that would otherwise by inaccessible or invisible.

Our best friends used to wonder what we loved about canoeing and why we talked about it with such enthusiasm, but that all changed when we pursuaded them to rent a canoe for an afternoon and join us for a paddle on a nearby pond that is very much like the one featured in your photos. They are avid birdwatchers and they were astonished at how many birds there were to see (many they'd never sighted before) and how good the viewing opportunities were while moving along close to shore in silence. That one afternoon on that humble pond led to them immediately buying a tripping canoe and tripping gear and becoming enthusiastic paddlers.

Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
-Martin

Your photos captured one of the most enjoyable aspects of canoeing: close-up viewing of flora and fauna that would otherwise by inaccessible or invisible.

Our best friends used to wonder what we loved about canoeing and why we talked about it with such enthusiasm, but that all changed when we pursuaded them to rent a canoe for an afternoon and join us for a paddle on a nearby pond that is very much like the one featured in your photos. They are avid birdwatchers and they were astonished at how many birds there were to see (many they'd never sighted before) and how good the viewing opportunities were while moving along close to shore in silence. That one afternoon on that humble pond led to them immediately buying a tripping canoe and tripping gear and becoming enthusiastic paddlers.

Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
-Martin
That's a great story. It's true, so much to see.

Wonderful looking terrain. Your photographs captured it perfectly.
It is great terrain, I imagine it looks a bit like home.

Back