• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

First aid kit for a day in the fells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When we're out there hiking, it's cuts, scrapes, and blisters that often tag along, like they're part of the trail mix. So, besides the basics – clean wipes, quickclot, scissors, senvok wound laceration closure kit, blister bandages, and some wound dressings – what other tricks should I pack in my first aid kit for a day in the mountains?

Wow...you pack a lot more than I do. My "kit" is made up of some band-aids, gauze pads, moleskin, neosporin, tape, small scissors, Nu-skin and an over-the-counter pain reliever. It's all packed in a small zip-loc baggie and sits in an outside pocket of my pack. I used to pack a whole lot more when I worked with an outdoor program and found that rarely was anything but the above items ever used so I pared my kit down quite a bit. Will I ever regret not having more in my kit? Maybe. But for the overwhelming majority of my needs, this works well, suits my needs and reduces weight in my pack. Of course, your mileage may vary...

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

When we're out there hiking, it's cuts, scrapes, and blisters that often tag along, like they're part of the trail mix. So, besides the basics – clean wipes, quickclot, scissors, senvok wound laceration closure kit, blister bandages, and some wound dressings – what other tricks should I pack in my first aid kit for a day in the mountains?

Karla, welcome to site membership!

Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. How to do that, and how to use many other of the site's technical features, are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Do you currently own a canoe? What kind?

Wow...you pack a lot more than I do. My "kit" is made up of some band-aids, gauze pads, moleskin, neosporin, tape, small scissors, Nu-skin and an over-the-counter pain reliever. It's all packed in a small zip-loc baggie and sits in an outside pocket of my pack. I used to pack a whole lot more when I worked with an outdoor program and found that rarely was anything but the above items ever used so I pared my kit down quite a bit. Will I ever regret not having more in my kit? Maybe. But for the overwhelming majority of my needs, this works well, suits my needs and reduces weight in my pack. Of course, your mileage may vary...

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
Thank you : -D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back