• Happy Cinco De Mayo! 🇲🇽🎸💃🪅🌶️

Feeling lucky to add this the fleet...Chestnut Playmate / Peterborough Mermaid

I am thinking through every ones ( right for them ) responses. It seems there has been a tendency for years and years for Canadians to favor bigger boats. After all the average Canadian is a pragmatist and not a toy collector.One boat ought to be able to do it all. The Lakewater courses had their roots in Ontario kids camps which were oriented to canoe tripping and the kids were required to tandem and to solo the tandem also. The small solo movement started in the US in the late sixties and there have been for a loong time ( well almost fifty years) people tripping in smaller boats. Usually the trips here are not as long but in the Adirondacks the wee pack canoe has been around for 130 years and the trips can be long and rugged. And I mean wee. 11 feet for easier bushwhacking.

Canotrouge has some lovely lakes that are small seas in his area..In his experience I understand bigger is better. Better not to be a tiny thing on Lake Laberge. Bennett isnt too friendly at times either.

Yes big lake up here indeed, but I do cary lots of gear, a full kitchen with fire box and all, I usually carry a larger tent than most, hunting gear, fishing gear, the tarps, warm clothing cause up here even in July you better not take any chances!!

Anyway, I think with the kit I use I would still be able to portage but definitely would be multiple cary!!

Back