• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Father / Son Canoe Camping Trip at Seboies Lake Public Reserved Lands, July 2020

Reaction score
My son and I just returned from our weekend getaway to Seboeis Lake, Maine. We loaded up and paddled the Wabnaki tandem and I was extremely pleased with the stability of the canoe. Camden was very impressed and comfortable with the webbed seats. He is not a big fan of the molded seats. On day 1 we practically had the lake all to ourselves but then Mother Nature started taking over on our first evening and all of Day 2. We hunkered down and enjoyed some delicious meals, but more importantly enjoyed each others company. FYI...there are no fish in Seboeis Lake....lol. I think the weather patterns held them at bay. We only caught some small perch but no signs of life from the bigger game fish that we were targeting. I hope you enjoy this fairly short video. A great memory for us!

https://youtu.be/XjtKlBdnd2s

Thumbs up! Canoe, campfire, and your son- a great combo.

You’re a man after my own heart; onions & peppers go with everything! Thanks for posting your video.

Thanks Dave ! Great video !

Glad the Wabinaki worked out !

Time spent with your son is Awesome !

Jim

What a great way to spend a weekend with your Son! Thanks for another very enjoyable video. Great cooking and fire making skills! Looks like the Wabanaki handles a load well.

Nice video. I enjoyed the cuisine too. Using an All-Clad frying pan none the less. I will have to travel to Seboise, but maybe with my wife. I've got to cover some opportunities in Maine, since no Canada this year. There are so many great place close to home. Thanks for posting.

Nice video. I enjoyed the cuisine too. Using an All-Clad frying pan none the less. I will have to travel to Seboise, but maybe with my wife. I've got to cover some opportunities in Maine, since no Canada this year. There are so many great place close to home. Thanks for posting.

Better get moving Bob. We are going Aug 11

Thumbs up! Canoe, campfire, and your son- a great combo.

You’re a man after my own heart; onions & peppers go with everything! Thanks for posting your video.

Agree fully that green peppers and onions bring a special flare to camping cuisine. Camden enjoys nice table fare while camping so I accommodate. Plus I enjoy cooking over a fire. Every thing tastes better with flame!

Bob I have read many of your trip reports and just like you said there are so many paddling opportunities in Maine, but few where one is alone to take it all in. I have considered several Canadian trips but this year is clearly what it is. Camden and I have recently discussed some fly in trips to potentially Woodland Caribou or paddling Temagami. Maine is quite busy right now which is why the early Spring trips make the solitude possible.

What a great way to spend a weekend with your Son! Thanks for another very enjoyable video. Great cooking and fire making skills! Looks like the Wabanaki handles a load well.

The Wabnaki handles beyond expectations fully loaded with a tandem paddling arrangement. Very pleased! Thanks for watching the video! Appreciate it!

That looked like a great trip and I was very impressed with the cuisine.

I have a lot of fun cooking on fire and with a teenager camping with me you have to keep that furnace well fed. We had a great time lowangle!

The Wabnaki handles beyond expectations fully loaded with a tandem paddling arrangement. Very pleased! Thanks for watching the video! Appreciate it!

I'm glad you think so, too. It's relatively wide for it's length, (I know you skinnied up the gunnels but not the hull)but I find it pretty nice handling canoe empty or loaded, solo or tandem. A good all-arounder!

Back