• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Elf or Gremlin

I have gotten the white/blank page when trying to access the forum also. It has been hit and miss. I am in and out several times a day and had it twice today.
I just wait a couple minutes and try again.

I think the home page has had changes made from canoeists to paddlers. Not meaning to start a fluff if there is no reason for one.

A Gremlin for sure

A Gremlin for sure

Hopefully the little stinker moved on. I'm lucky the repair man is so quick to respond. Now I can relate to how the President feels.

Well, I like being a paddler better than being a canoeists, much easier to keep it going straight.

Thought that white screen was a weather report from Robin: snow and then more snow.

Rob

"Well, the site should be clean, but it takes a while for Google to clear their alert. Here is what my IT guy said:

"Most likely a hold-over from the first hacking. There was some content linked back to the url listed in the warning. more Russian reality stuff. nothing harmful, so no worries of infection.

There are no signs of anything being compromised. Google just came across it today. I'll see what I can do about getting rid of the warning."

Glad we are back up and running.

The warning that came up made me hesitant to click on because it was not from the site. So why was somebody other than the site wanting me to click something. That's where viruses come from. But no worries, she looks good now.

I hope those hackers get coal in their stockings. ;)

I found a blank page yesterday, and dire warnings this morning. Corrupt files and such rattle me, as we've had issues over the years. I almost sent an e-mail to Robin, but found things back to normal by noonish (as per his post #7). Like everyone here, I'm much relieved. And yeah, I'd chip in towards a shipment of blazing coal sent to the viral vandals.

I got the Google warning with the name of .cz domain that was meddling.. Shipping of coal might be expensive though.

I was in contact with YC and I bet she could feel the tension in my responses. Had I not gotten such a great response from the fund raiser, I might have just said the heck with it, but I kept in touch with Jeremie (IT guy) and he worked it out. Canoes are supposed to be fun and relaxing, why can't these folks just draw the line somewhere and say leave them alone.Not sure I'll ever understand these things.

I got "malicious site blocked" type of warning from my Norton antivirus here yesterday. Didn't today. That's the first time I've ever got that particular warning from Norton. Makes me nervous.

When trying to open the site yesterday my Kaspersky's noted a couple of Trojans which it blocked that were imbedded here. Something to look out for.

I think it is kids who want to be the future hacker of the world, cutting their teeth on an "easy" target. They have nothing better to do these days, they certainly don't want to work for a living.

Malwarebytes blocks something every time I open a thread on this page. Probably the same bored kids that hack the Pentagon.

Grrr, every time I am on this site after about 10 seconds it auto scrolls to bottom of the page. Annoying as all get out.

School will be back in a few more days then these criminal masterminds will be gone hopefully.

Grrr, every time I am on this site after about 10 seconds it auto scrolls to bottom of the page. Annoying as all get out.

School will be back in a few more days then these criminal masterminds will be gone hopefully.

I'm baffled at all the difficulties people are having. If I were having them (and I am not) I would be leery too. Sometimes its the computer though on the users end. I take it that your computers don't act this way on other sites

Site was down this morning, some work was done and we'll see, somewhat of a try this and see if it works, so please be patient when it does go down. Thank You.

I appreciate all your efforts.. The good side of the site being down is that I am pretty well organized for the next canoe trip.

Back